A Good Walk Spoiled

The humorous anecdotes of golf are ubiquitous.  But, it seems, they never cease to satisfy.  Here are a few.

Putt in haste and repent at leisure - Gerald Batchelor

It is a law of nature that everybody plays badly when going through - Bernard Darwin

The most exquisitely satisfying act in the world of golf is that of throwing a club.  The full backswing, the delayed wrist action, the flowing follow-through, followed by that unique whirring sound, reminiscent only of a passing flock of starlings, are without parallel in sport - Henry Longhurst

Always throw clubs ahead of you. That way you don't have to waste energy going back to pick them up - Tommy Bolt

My golf pro wouldn't tell me to visualize my shots if he could see what I see. - Michael Ryan

I don't care to join any club that's prepared to have me as a member - Groucho Marx

Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into a very small hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose - Winston Churchill

Real golfers, whatever the provocation, never strike a caddy with the driver...the sand wedge is far more effective - anonymous

The only thing that counts in golf is the final number on the scorecard.  I always keep my own score.  I mark it correctly, to the best of my knowledge.  But with all the strokes I take on a hole, I think I can be forgiven if I forget one...or two...but one time I went too far.  I made a hole in one and marked down a zero. - Bob Hope
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment