Is A Golf Course Possible For Naperville

That was a headline on the front page of the Naperville Clarion on Thursday, December 2, 1920.  Here's the article:



This article resided in the same location on the following Thursday-December 9, 1920:




The search for club history has been a great succes so far.  My own efforts are not to be credited though.  These two articles were in the files compiled by former club champion and former club president, the late Vern McGonagle.  Mr. McGonagle spent countless hours compiling numberous pieces of history for the club prior to it's 75th anniversary.  Vern spent lots of time gathering fellow members' memories, including Herb Matter, Jr., whos' fathers name appears on a letter to the State of Illinois requesting the state's recognition of "Naperville Country Club" in early 1921. 

I have spent several hours familiarizing myself with the material while I began sorting the pieces.  I have created a new box on the right that I will add documents to periodically.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment