Saturday, June 4, 2011
The Superintendents Tool Box: Soil Moisture Meter
NCC GreensSaturday, June 4, 2011
VMWC%=13.4 - is the reading that was taken at a specific point
N004 - tells how many readings have been taken (4 readings).
A=13.8 - is the average of the 4 readings that have been taken.
The readings are logged into the meter and then downloaded and saved into an Excel spreadsheet where we can monitor which areas are wet or dry. The Excel spreadsheet will also display a graph of the readings for the day.
This has become a very important tool in our tool box. There is a large amount of information we have been able to collect from the data we have gathered. We are feel certain we will only get better at providing more consistent playing surfaces as we continue to use this tool.
CURRENT COURSE CONDITIONS
March 10th - Snow is melting, but we have a long way to go yet. More snow in the forecast for tomorrow night! We have no idea yet when the course might be ready for play.
- ► 2013 (67)
- ► 2012 (116)
- Turf Scouting Report, June 24th
- Some Dry Weather Forecasted
- Setting Up For Fireworks
- Double-Crested Cormorant In 17 Pond
- Arborvitaes Are Done
- Almost Dodged The Storm
- Water Is Back On To The Halfway House
- More Arborvitaes Near 1 Green
- Turf Scouting Report, June 17th
- 90 Years of Naperville Country Club
- Course Is Recovering
- Ball Mark Repair
- Turf Scouting Report, June 10th
- Invitational Preparation
- NCC Invitational and the US Open
- Lots Of Rain Today
- Rain And Lightning Delay For Thursday
- Steven Contributes To On Course Magazine
- Preparing For The Invitational
- Turf Scouting Report, June 3rd
- The Superintendents Tool Box: Soil Moisture Meter
- Summer Flowers Are Planted
- Tim Contributes To Golf Course Management Magazine...
- ▼ June (23)
- ► 2010 (182)